Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Attorneys
Every day in Michigan, people are accused of crimes that they did not commit. False allegations of Criminal Sexual Conduct are common. Being accused of a sex related crime can be a horrible experience. If you, or a loved one is being investigated or charged with 2nd degree CSC, or any other sex crime, we can help. For a free, totally confidential consultation, you may contact us online or call (866) 766-5245 to speak with one of our experienced trial lawyers.
Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Defense in Michigan
Second degree Criminal Sexual Conduct is a very serious Michigan sex crime. It involves allegations of criminal sexual contact, not criminal sexual penetration. There are various factors that could cause someone to be charged with second degree Criminal Sexual Conduct (CSC), rather than any of the other degrees. However, the most common scenario is an allegation of a sexual touching of a child under the age of 13.
The attorneys at The Kronzek Firm have been defending CSC cases for approximately two decades, and have achieved many victories and excellent outcomes for our clients.
If you are being investigated for CSC second degree, or if you have already been charged with this crime, do not wait to hire an attorney. When it comes to your defense, the sooner the better! At The Kronzek Firm, we have been practicing sex crime defense for around 100 combined years. We are not afraid to aggressively defend our clients, and this shows in our successes in the court room.
Penalties for Criminal Sexual Conduct in the second degree
The penalties for this crime are very serious and include up to 15 years in prison and placement on Michigan’s sex offender registry. Your attorney will discuss these penalties with you, but it is imperative that you are represented by a experienced sex crime defense litigator. We have successfully defended many charges of second degree CSC throughout the state and we want to put that experience to work for you. We will aggressively pursue your sex crime defense.
Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd Degree Charges | Valuable Guidance
You should always get your legal advice directly from the lawyer you have retained to assist you with your case. However, here are some practical considerations that most successful CSC defense lawyers would agree with:
- Don’t talk about your case. This means that you should not discuss your case with your friends, family, priest, pastor, police, cps worker or anyone else. Especially in a case involving a child, all of these people can testify against you and some of the are mandatory reporters.
- If you have already talked to police, stop talking. We can often repair the damage, but continued mistakes don’t help.
- Don’t defend yourself. Really, that is our job. Defendants often go around trying to do things that they think will help (like talking to police) only to find out it made matters worse.
- Don’t take a police polygraph. The vast majority of people who take police polygraphs on CSC cases find that their situation gets worse, not better. Talk to an attorney first.
- Don’t delay hiring an attorney. Time is of the essence if you have been accused, charged or arrested for CSC or any other sex related crime. If you know you are going to need an attorney, start looking now.
- Don’t hire a novice attorney. Criminal sexual conduct case are not like drunk driving or shoplifting cases. Make sure you are working with an attorney who know how to win a CSC trial.
Michigan’s Premier CSC Defense Attorneys
Contact us to discuss your sex crime defense: (866) 766-5245.
People who viewed this page also read:
You can learn more about our successful practice by visiting SexCrimeAttorneys.com.