Home Invasion 1st Degree – Michigan Home Invasion Attorneys
Michigan Home Invasion Defense
The experienced trial attorneys at Kronzek & Cronkright have been successfully defending Home Invasion 1st Degree cases for nearly two decades. If you are facing a Home Invasion First Degree charge, or any other serious felony, you owe it to yourself to take advantage of our offer for a free consultation. Michigan has thousands of attorneys who practice criminal defense. Many of those cannot give your case the time, attention and courtroom skill you need. We offer Premier criminal defense to our clients. Our expert retained trail lawyers will accept your phone calls, listen to you, make recommendations, assess your case in detail and work with you to obtain the results you are looking for.
What is Home Invasion in the first degree?
First degree Home Invasion is the most serious version of this offense. This law replaced common law burglary, giving some clear definitions and making the law easier for prosecutors to apply. This is a felony with a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison or a fine of up to $5,000.00, or both.
Prosecutors must prove the following beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction to result:
First, the defendant either
- Breaks and enters a dwelling, OR
- Enters a dwelling without permission.
Second, the defendant either
- Intends when entering to commit a felony, larceny, or assault in the dwelling, OR
- At any time while entering, present in, or exiting the dwelling commits a felony, larceny, or assault.
Third, while the defendant is entering, present in, or exiting the dwelling, either
- The defendant is armed with a dangerous weapon or
- Another person is lawfully present in the dwelling.
We Can Help. Aggressive Legal Representation You Can Trust.
As with any serious felony case, it is crucial to have experienced lawyers who are highly trained at finding factual and legal defenses to the charges. We thoroughly analyze the evidence in every client’s case.
Most clients charged with Home Invasion have a story to tell. The details of that story are extremely important because it often suggests a possible defense to the charge. Because of the nature of the crime, there are often problems with the investigation that can be exploited. We carefully look at
- Police Misconduct in the investigation
- The Motivation of witnesses, especially of co-defendants
- Constitutional violations at the time of arrest and detention
- Miranda violation
- Search Warrant violation
- Faulty line-up and eyewitness identification practices
Our attorneys are trained to find defenses that you might not think of. If your rights were violated during the investigation, the arrest, or the detention, that could be a very important part of your overall defense.
At Kronzek & Cronkright PLLC, we have decades of experience defending Home Invasion cases. Call us for a free consultation at (866) 7-NoJail!. Our attorneys are on-call 24 hours a day for crisis consultation.
You may also be interested in reading the following:
- Home Invasion
- Home Invasion, Second Degree
- Home Invasion, Third Degree
- Case Results
- Trial Attorney Profiles